Monday 5 July 2010

Day 6: Top Of Europe Part II

After a beautiful trip up, we finally made it. WOW. Absolutely stunning views. Some of the most spectacular landscape I've seen in my life. Just enjoy below.







Yes, that little black speck in the snow at the top of the mountain is a person. Insane.



Here, you can see a helicopter, and two huge crevasses which I can only assume go straight down to the depths of hell. I think I had nightmares about falling in.




The glacier. Pretty pretty cool.



The view down from the platform. Kind of freaky. Looked like several hundred feet up.












Here's the Ice Palace which is inside the mountain/complex. War Eagle!



4 comments:

  1. This is mind-blowing. But I have one important question: where is your coat?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks absolutely amazing!

    Did you forget your jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Auburn hat! These mountains are unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I forgot the jacket, but it wasn't too cold so it was fine.

    ReplyDelete