Tuesday 3 August 2010

Day 31: Bruges

I woke up super early Saturday morning and took the 7:00 Eurostar from St. Pancras station in London to Brussels, and from there caught another train to Bruges. I’ve always wanted to see Bruges ever since seeing the movie “In Bruges.” The movie was a dark comedy about some British hit men hiding out in Bruges, but it was also about the city itself. So far I haven’t been disappointed. I got in around noon, and after checking into my hotel went into the city to get some lunch. After lunch I made my way over to the Half Moon brewery for a tour and a sampling of their beer. That would be another reason why I like Bruges so much: they have great beer. I walked around the city some more and eventually made my way to a park where I laid down and had a small nap. After my siesta I had some dinner and then made my way back to the Markt, the center of the city. I noticed they were setting up for a concert just a few blocks away, so I stayed a little while longer and caught most of the concert. The band was called Daan, who I had never heard of but they were actually pretty good and sounded a lot like Depeche Mode.

From Bruges


I head back to London late tomorrow evening so I’ll still have most of the day to see the sights I missed today.

From Bruges


From Bruges


From Bruges


The Belfry Tower.

From Bruges


From Bruges

No comments:

Post a Comment